Are you tired of eating eggs in the morning just to get your daily dose of protein? Well never fear, O&B are here! We understand the struggle of eating the same foods everyday… it gets very boring very quickly. That’s why we’ve finally decided enough is enough and have found some high-in-protein pancake recipes to make breakfast just that little bit tastier – especially with Shrove Tuesday right around the corner!
1. Banana Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (serves 8):
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (20g each)
1 large very ripe banana
⅛ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
- In two clean bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites. Beat the egg whites on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks.
(It is important that your bowl or beaters don’t have any oil, fat or yolks on them, or the egg whites won’t form peaks).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg yolks and beat until smooth. Gently fold ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a pan over low heat. Scoop ¼ of the mixture onto the pan and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit and/or ⅓ plain non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp. honey
2. Coconut Chia Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (serves 2):
¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. coconut flour
3 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
½ tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. coconut flakes
4 tbsp. almond milk
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add wet ingredients and stir together.
- Heat a pan and coat with coconut oil. Pour 2 tbsp. of batter to form each pancake.
- Cook a few minutes. Once it starts to bubble on top, flip and cook an additional minute or two.
- Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Top with fresh blueberries and/or maple syrup.
3. Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (10 pancakes):
4 large eggs
2 fresh bananas
¾ cup old fashioned oats
¼ cup chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat pan to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add eggs, bananas, and oats to blender. Blend on low for 15-30 seconds until oats are ground and bananas are fully mashed.
- Add protein powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and blend again on low for additional 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Drop by ¼ cup full onto pre-heated pan and cook until bubbles begin to form, and edges are just setting. Flip and cook through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately
OPTIONAL: Top with fresh strawberries and little powdered sugar.
However, if you’re feeling a bit on the lazy side, you could just buy a protein pancake mix, but where’s the fun in that? It’s also a lot healthier when you cook… just sayin’.